Who are we?
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is a living history organization dedicated to the re-creation of the culture of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Members of the SCA work to create a “current Middle Ages” by researching and re-creating the dress, weaponry, armor, jewelry, food, and life styles of the period. The Barony of Jararvellir is the local group of the SCA based in Madison, Wisconsin. We are a part of the region known in the SCA as the Kingdom of Northshield.
The Barony hosts armoured combat, rapier combat, archery, and thrown weapons, as well as guilds devoted to instrumental music, needle arts, calligraphy and illumination, armour making, Middle Eastern dance, fletching, both vocal and instrumental music, brewing and vintning, European dance, and many other things. SCA membership is not required to participate in many of these activities. All that’s necessary is your interest.
- November Skein is up!
- The Archery, Rapier and Heavy Toys for Tots Tournaments will be Weds, Dec. 9th.
- Read the Letters of Intent from those running for the Baronage
- The 50th Anniversary Celebration Event of the founding of the SCA will be June 17 – 27, 2016 in Danville, IN. (That’s only a 5-6 hour drive from Madison.) It’s never too early to start planning!
- We do not have use of the Stock Pavilion:
Wednesday, December 2
Sunday, December 6
- We have practice scheduled but may encounter penned animals:
(no more dates this year)
(Click here for the full Northshield calendar of events.)
Boar’s Head – A Traditional Yule – Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr (West Bend WI)
Live By the Sword II – Shire of Rudivale (Grafton ND)
Nordskogen Twelfth Night: Dreikönigsfest – Barony of Nordskogen (Anoka MN)
Yuletide – Shire of Noiregarde (Newell SD)
12th Night is Coming: Bring your Best – Barony of Castel Rouge (Winnipeg MB)
Winter War Maneuvers – (Lincoln NE)
Tournament of Chivalry – Barony of Jararvellir (Jefferson WI)